For a full overview of the framework and information to help create your own scripts, please see the Quick Start Guide (pdf).
- Download SAMReport for Exchange (ZIP file)*
- Save to a server with Exchange 2010/2013 Management Tools
- Customise Global_Variables.ps1 (with relevant server names, email addresses etc)
- Review the plugins (reorder, remove, update thresholds etc)
- Run the report Get-SAMReport Exchange [Email/OnScreen]
[D] Do not run [R] Run once [S] Suspend security prompts.
SAMReports can provide a very detailed look into the health of your environment. You can view the relevant data that has been gathered and quickly see any Warnings or Alerts based on your thresholds. The overall title of the report will reflect the worst result, so for example if there were 6 sections and only one showed a Warning, the report title will be coloured as a Warning.
The result is a rich report with clear status indicators giving you an instant overview and the details to back it up.
Picture 1. Sample Report showing just a few of the plugins
The independent plugin system is very flexible and provides an easy way to only report on information that you need. The template style provides a consistent output, but also makes it easy to adapt or add new plugins. The warnings or alerts are based on a failed test or data falling outside of thresholds that you can define.
Each plugin can generate four types of output:
- Results Text (html formatted)
- Results Data (html formatted table)
- Results Status (Alert, Warning, Good colour codes)
- A File (either saved to the \output folder or included as an email attachment)
This is a list of the current plugins for Exchange:
- Environment Summary.ps1 Shows an overview of the Exchange environment
- Services Check.ps1 Checks that the appropriate services are running for each role
- Transport Queues.ps1 Checks for delayed messages in Transport Queues
- Database Mount Status.ps1 Checks the mount status of Public folder and Mailbox databases
- DAG Database Health.ps1 Checks the health status of the Databases which are part of a DAG
- DAG Replication Health.ps1 Checks the health status of the DAG replication
- Backup Status.ps1 Checks when each of the databases were last backed up
- Database and Disk Statistics.ps1 Checks database statistics and available disk space
- Check Mail Flow.ps1 Checks mail flow between each Mailbox server
- Test MAPI Connectivity.ps1 Verifies server functionality for MAPI and LDAP
- Test OWA Connectivity.ps1 Verifies server functionality for Outlook Web Access
- Test Web Services.ps1 Verifies server functionality for Outlook Anywhere
- Test POP Connectivity.ps1 Verifies server functionality for POP3
- Test IMAP Connectivity.ps1 Verifies server functionality for IMAP4
- Test SMTP Connectivity.ps1 Verifies server functionality for SMTP
- Test System Health.ps1 Analyses your environment according to best practices
- Get Event Logs.ps1 Event Log entries that match defined criteria
- ActiveSync Device Count.ps1 Checks the number of EAS devices for each user
This is a community driven project if you have any suggestion or module scripts you have created, I would love to include them here - with full mudos to you of course.
See the main SysAdmin Modular Reports page for more details, including working with Scheduled Tasks and downloads for other modules.
/ | ||